May 22, 2019
Dairy-free feta? Yes, it’s a thing, and you can easily make it at home! With just a few ingredients and extra-firm tofu, you can whip up a batch of healthy, protein-packed feta to top salads, sandwiches, pastas, and more. Sometimes, we even eat this by the handful for a quick snack! When paired with fresh tomatoes, basil, and crisp cucumber, this tofu makes for a refreshing light lunch, post-workout meal, or a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
1 pound extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed, then cubed
1/4 cup coconut vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 dry pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1 English cucumber (or 2-3 Persian cucumbers), sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
fresh basil leaves
1. To prepare the Tofu Feta, place the tofu cubes in a resealable glass container or zipper bag. Add the coconut vinegar, oregano, and salt. Seal the container, then gently shake to combine. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight for maximum flavor.
2. When you’re ready to make the salad, add the Tofu Feta, tomatoes, and cucumbers to a salad bowl.
3. Drizzle with the olive oil and red wine vinegar.
4. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Toss to combine.
6. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.
Recipe reposted with the permission of Amy Katz of Veggies Save the Day.
February 26, 2020 Most American adults, and even children, believe they should aim for three servings of dairy a day—thanks to the US Dietary Guidelines. From a young age we are taught to believe that by devoutly consuming dairy on the daily, we will be protected from...
February 17, 2020 Diabetes touches us all. If you personally do not struggle with the disease, chances are you know someone who has been diagnosed as a type 1, type 2, or even prediabetic. In fact, according to International Diabetes Federation, it is estimated that...
February 13, 2020 According to a 2016 hydration study featured by CNN last fall, water falls short when it comes to hydration. In fact, it’s number 10 on a list of 13 beverages—with skim milk, cola, and orange juice ranking as far superior in terms of hydration. Does...