Dairy-free feta? Yes, it’s a thing, and you can easily make it at home! With just a few ingredients and extra-firm tofu, you can whip up a batch of healthy, protein-packed feta to top salads, sandwiches, pastas, and more. Sometimes, we even eat this by the handful for a quick snack! When paired with fresh tomatoes, basil, and crisp cucumber, this tofu makes for a refreshing light lunch, post-workout meal, or a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
1 pound extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed, then cubed
1/4 cup coconut vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 dry pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1 English cucumber (or 2-3 Persian cucumbers), sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
fresh basil leaves
1. To prepare the Tofu Feta, place the tofu cubes in a resealable glass container or zipper bag. Add the coconut vinegar, oregano, and salt. Seal the container, then gently shake to combine. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight for maximum flavor.
2. When you’re ready to make the salad, add the Tofu Feta, tomatoes, and cucumbers to a salad bowl.
3. Drizzle with the olive oil and red wine vinegar.
4. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Toss to combine.
6. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.
Recipe reposted with the permission of Amy Katz of Veggies Save the Day.