3. Ownership Rights. All content, features, and functionality included on this site is and shall continue to be the property of Switch4Good or its content suppliers and is protected under applicable intellectual property laws. Any copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such content or any part of the Website is prohibited, except as expressly permitted in this Agreement. Under no circumstances will you acquire any ownership rights or other interest in any content by or through your use of this Website. This Agreement permits you to use the Website for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Website. If you wish to make any use of material on this Website other for personal, non-commercial use, please first obtain written permission from us at [email protected].
4. Switch4Good’s Trademarks. Switch4Good and Switch4Good’s logo are registered trademarks of Switch4Good, Inc. You may not use Switch4Good’s trademarks without prior written permission.
5. Website Use. Switch4Good grants you a limited, revocable license to use our Website solely for your own personal, non-commercial use. The use of this Website is at the discretion of Switch4Good. Switch4Good reserves the right to terminate your use of this Website at any time.
6. Compliance. You agree to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding your use of our Website.
7. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Switch4Good and its partners, directors, officers, employees, and affiliates, harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Website.
8. Disclaimer. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SWITCH4GOOD DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES, STATUTORY WARRANTIES, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT YOUR JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE. We do not manufacture or control any of the services or products offered on our Website. The availability of products or services through our Website does not indicate an affiliation with or endorsement of any product, service, or manufacturer. Accordingly, we do not provide any warranties with respect to the products or services offered on our Website. Switch4Good hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory, or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for particular purpose. The foregoing does not affect any warranties that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Switch4Good may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other products or services. Switch4Good is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources or their contents. Switch4Good expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, materials, accuracy of information and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party services, or the products or services provided by any third party.
9. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SWITCH4GOOD BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, YOUR WEBSITE USE, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT IS TO CEASE ALL OF YOUR SITE USE.
11. Legal Notice. If you believe that our Website infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please send us a detailed notice regarding that allegation to [email protected].
12. Disputes. You agree that the laws of the state of California, without regard to conflicts of law provisions, will govern this Agreement and any dispute that may arise between you and Switch4Good or its affiliates. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, this Agreement or the Website will be instituted exclusively in Orange County, California. You waive any objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by these courts and to venue in these courts.
13. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, the remainder of this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
14. No Implied Waiver. If Switch4Good fails to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement, that failure shall not operate as an implied waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of this Agreement by Switch4Good will be in writing and signed by the Executive Director of Switch4Good.
15. No Partnership Created. Nothing contained in this Agreement nor your use of the Website shall be construed to create a partnership, joint venture, employment, or agency relationship with the other party, nor shall either party hold itself out as such. Neither party has any right or authority to incur, assume or create, in writing or otherwise, any warranty, liability or other obligation of any kind, express or implied, in the name of or on behalf of the other party, it being intended by both parties that each shall remain independent contractors responsible for its own actions.
Last Updated: September 15, 2020
Information that we collect
We collect your personal information when you register for our Dairy Detox or Join Our Team as a Switch4Good Athlete or Educator and/or donate to us through our third-party payment processor on our Site. We collect personal information such as your name, e-mail address, and/or mailing address when you register for any of our programs and/or donate to us. When we combine personal information with other information that does not, on its own, identify you, we treat the combined information as personal information.
How we use that information
We may collect personal information in connection with the following:
- Join Our Team or signing up for our ongoing communications
- Participating in our petitions or other outreach
- Making contributions or gifts
- Ordering merchandise
We may use your personal information to send you details about our events, activities and opportunities to support our work. We may send you e-mail messages that includes information about or on behalf of like-minded organizations and companies, but we do not provide such organizations or companies with access to any of your personal information. If you opt in to receive text messages (“SMS”), standard messaging and data rates may apply. You may unsubscribe from receiving communications from us at any time.
If you submit or we collect personal information from you, then such personal information may also be used in the following ways: (i) to provide, analyze, administer, and improve our Site and activities; (ii) to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of our Site and services that you are authorized to access; (iii) for recruiting and human resources administration purposes; (iv) to protect our rights or our property and to ensure the technical functionality and security of our Site; and (v) as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Without an industry or legal standard of interpreting Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals sent to us by your browser, we do not respond to DNT signals at this time. To learn more about how DNT works, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
Information that we share
We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing the Site. For example, we use service providers for donation management and credit card processing (CardPointe); website analytics (Google Analytics); marketing (Salsa Engage. Salsa CRM); social media integration (Facebook Pixel); and an automation service to transfer data between applications (Zapier). To help us connect with new audiences, some of these third parties may temporarily process limited amounts of personal information on our behalf.
We may disclose personal information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person. We also may disclose personal information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your unlawful or harmful activity.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
Please send requests to access or correct personal information about you to [email protected].
Depending where on you reside, you may have additional rights, such as the right to erase, export, object to, or restrict the processing of personal information. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
Unsubscribing from communications
Most of our e-mail messages contain a link that allows you to unsubscribe or modify your profile. If not, you can email [email protected], to unsubscribe from e-mail communication at any time. To unsubscribe from receiving text messages, simply reply with “STOP”. You may also send an email to [email protected] if you need help opting out of any communications.
To unsubscribe from receiving postal mail, please submit your request via e-mail to [email protected]. When writing, please make sure to provide your full name and address information. Once your request is processed, your information will not be included in any future mailing lists that we generate. If you have any questions about communications, please e-mail [email protected]
Protecting your personal information
We protect your personal information gathered through our Site. Our Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under our control. When you donate to us online or purchase merchandise, we engage a third-party payment processor to provide a secure server and encryption to protect your financial and other personal information during transmission. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Transferring and storing personal information
We don’t collect personal information from children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us personal information, you can email us at [email protected] You can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy online here.
If you are a California resident, California law allows you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail [email protected].
We will notify you of any material changes to our policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our websites. Please check our Site periodically for updates.
Depending where you live, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning your personal information. We encourage you to first reach out to us first, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns.