What are we really ingesting when we drink cows’ milk?
What are mothers passing through their bodies to their children?
Do you know what in the world is a dairy allergy?
Dr. Vivian Chen dives into the dangers of dairy and her story of transitioning to a plant-based diet after a battle to diagnose the root of her infant’s feeding problem.
As a double-certified physician, Dr. Chen has seen a host of improvements in her patients when they cut dairy and address their lifestyle. She’s going to tell you the sneaky ways dairy might be affecting you — and your children.
What we discuss in this episode:
- Defining dairy allergy, and distinguishing it from lactose intolerance
- The top four allergies Dr. Chen says mothers should look for
- Ethnic diversity in allergy prevalence and the difficulty in testing for allergies
- Delayed vs. acute symptoms and allergies in adults vs. babies
- Elimination diets to discover the root of your symptoms
- The effects of casein metabolizing into casomorphin
- Follow Dr. Chen at allergyfamilies.com and platefulhealth.com, or on Instagram at @plateful.health