The Language of Veganism with Author Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
The work of fighting to make the world a better place for all sentient beings can be fraught with adversity, leaving even the most resolute of us disheartened at times. And that’s why we’re so thankful for today’s guest, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau because she’s a breath of fresh air and an exemplar of how thought leaders can inspire change through the power of positivity. Known as the Joyful Vegan, Colleen is a long-time animal activist, producer, and host of the podcasts Animalogy and Food For Thought, host of vegan trips all over the world, and bestselling author of seven books. She’s also been a regular contributor to NPR. She’s appeared on the Food Network, and her recipes have been featured on Oprah.com.
Always optimistic, extremely persuasive, and very quotable, we are super thrilled to welcome her to the show today!
Listen to Episode 229 with Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
What we discuss in this episode:
- Colleen’s upbringing and how she became vegan.
- How we become conditioned to eat meat, and how we can change our behavior.
- Why some people experience fear when considering a plant-based diet.
- Colleen’s tips for anyone considering going vegan.
- How language shapes attitudes toward animals.
- How human behavior can invite unwanted animal interactions.
- The benefits of not overusing the word “vegan.”
- Colleen’s website: Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
- Instagram: Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, Joyful Vegan (@joyfulvegan) | Instagram
- Joyful Vegan Twitter: Colleen Patrick-Goudreau (@JoyfulVegan) / Twitter
- World Vegan Travel: Colleen Patrick-Goudreau – World Vegan Travel
- Animalogy podcast: Animalogy Podcast Archives – Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
- Food for Thought podcast: Food For Thought Podcast Archives – Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
- Her most recent book: The Joyful Vegan: How to Stay Vegan in a World That Wants You to Eat Meat, Dairy, and Eggs
Send us a voice message. We want to hear from you!
Take the Running On Plants challenge and feel the difference!
Dairy-Free Swaps Guide: Easy Anti-Inflammatory Meals, Recipes, and Tips
Connect with Switch4Good