Your Hormones & Plant Power with Dr. Gemma Newman
Watch Episode 198 with Dr. Gemma Newman:
Today we are really thrilled to have with us a wonderful soul who truly exemplifies practicing what you preach. A staunch advocate of a plant-based diet and plant-based nutrition, Dr. Gemma Newman, aka The Plant Power Doctor, is a British medical doctor, author of the book The Plant Power Doctor, and host of The Wellness Edit podcast. She has contributed to articles for magazines including Glamour, Zest, and Healthy Magazine. And if that weren’t enough, Dr. Newman is the Senior Partner at a family medical practice, a member of the British Society of Lifestyle Medicine, and a certified Reiki practitioner. She has appeared in the powerful documentaries Vegan and Eating Our Way to Extinction. And since Breast Cancer Awareness Month is upon us, it couldn’t be more opportune to have her with us today to talk about women’s health and how a plant-based diet can be so very impactful!
Join us to hear Dr. Newman share her incredible story and provide life-changing, applicable tips!
Listen to Episode 198 with Dr. Gemma Newman
What we discuss in this episode:
- How health, compassion, and her husband, impelled Dr. Newman to become plant-based.
- How recommending a plant-based diet to her patients changed her medical practice for the better.
- An explanation of PCOS and its symptoms.
- The positive effects of fiber-rich foods on the digestive system.
- The inherent dangers of a low-carbohydrate diet.
- How not all carbohydrates lead to weight gain.
- How soy phytoestrogens aren’t actually estrogens.
- How soy is beneficial for hormones and mitigates risks of many different kinds of cancers in both women and men.
- What inspired her to write her book?
Connect with Switch4Good