Ingredients for Vegan Egg Salad
– 1 14 oz package of extra firm organic tofu
– 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
– 3 chopped celery stalks
– 4 tablespoons chopped red onion
– 1/4 cup Sweet Dill Relish with garlic and dill pickles (see recipe below)
– 1/2 cup veganaise or any vegan mayo
– 4 cloves of garlic
– 1 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
– 1/2 tsp turmeric
1. To make the “egg” salad, drain the tofu and press out as much water out of the tofu as possible with paper towels, i.e. wrap the tofu in a paper towel and press, repeat, if necessary, to get out all moisture in the tofu.
2. Put tofu in a large mixing bowl and break it up really good with a fork.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the tofu and mix together really good.
4. Taste and add more salt if needed.
Sweet Dill Pickle Relish
– 1/4 cup minced McClure’s Garlic and Dill Pickles (or any dill pickles)
– 2 tablespoons of agave
– 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Put all ingredients together in a small bowl, mix well and add to the “egg” salad recipe.
For more dairy-free recipes, check out our Switch4Good recipe collection.