Understanding Your Gut and Raising Healthy Children with Dahlia Marin
Watch Episode 71 with Dahlia Marin here:
Looking at Dahlia Marin now, you never would have guessed she grew up unhealthy. Diagnosed with Hashimoto’s, polycystic ovarian syndrome, obesity, high cholesterol, and prediabetes at 17, Dahlia’s overwhelming health issues led her to pursuing a degree in nutrition and ultimately healing herself. She met her husband, James, in school and together they developed a plant-based practice to holistically treat their patients. Dahlia is an expert on gut health and raising healthy children from infancy onward. In this episode, we take a scientific deep dive into gut health, managing the microbiome, and infant and early childhood nutrition.
Listen to Episode 71 with Dahlia Marin here:
What we discuss in this episode:
- How her unhealthy early lifestyle led to her pursuing a degree in nutrition.
- Comprehensive explanation of what goes on in your gut (and how it may lead to disease)
- The downside to antibiotics
- How food can help or hinder your gut
- How to retrain your gut to digest fibrous foods
- How to raise an infant, dairy-free
- James Marin’s Switch4Good interview
- Dr. Angie Sadeghi Switch4Good interview
- Dahlia’s website
- Michael Pollan