Watch Episode 23 with TJ Long here:
We know that eating plant-based is great for our bodies and the environment, but what about eating fruit-based?
Can we really thrive on a raw food diet consisting mainly of fruits?
TJ Long is a certified personal trainer, health coach, and fruitarian who says that a diet of living plants is optimal for gut health.
After a long journey through addiction to substances and unhealthy food, TJ found himself a junk food vegan replacing alcohol with other vices.
With some help from a new companion, and the resilience to slowly climb out of the hole he’d dug, he found freedom in health through transitioning to a raw vegan diet
He joins us in this episode to share his inspiring path to health, why uncooked food is ideal for your digestive system, and how you can try going raw yourself.
Listen to Episode 23 with TJ Long here:
What we discuss in this episode:
- Raw Veganism vs. Fruitarianism: What are they? Is there a difference?
- What effect does cooking your food have on its enzymes?
- TJ’s own A Street Cat Named Bob story: How he overcame addiction and found purpose in caring for his best friend, Brooks
- How TJ transitioned from unhealthy to healthy veganism, and eventually raw veganism
- Finding freedom in healthful living, and what we can learn about addiction from The Pleasure Trap
- The physical benefits of eating raw food, and advice for making the transition yourself
- Everyone’s favorite question: What about protein? Hear what TJ eats every day and how much protein is in his diet
- Where to start learning more about eating raw or fruitarian, including The 80-10-10 Diet and The Mucusless Diet Healing System
- Follow TJ Long on Instagram at @wholeconnection, on Facebook at @wholeconnection, on YouTube at Whole Connection, and on his website at www.wholeconnectionhealth.com.