Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Ingredients for Simple Tofu Quiche
– ~3 medium-large potatoes (3 cups grated)
– 2 Tbsp melted vegan butter (or sub olive oil with varied results)
– 1/4 tsp sea salt and pepper
– 12.3 ounces extra-firm silken tofu, patted dry
– 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
– 3 Tbsp hummus
– Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
– 3 garlic cloves, chopped
– 2 leeks, thinly sliced and thoroughly cleaned and dried (or sub 1 medium onion, diced)
– 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
– 1 cup chopped broccoli
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (232 C) and lightly spritz a 9.5-inch pie pan with non-stick spray.
2. Grate potatoes and measure out 3 cups. Then transfer to a clean towel and firmly squeeze out excess moisture. Add to pie dish and drizzle with melted vegan butter and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then use fingers press into the pan and up the sides to form an even layer.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown all over. Set aside. When you take out the crust, lower oven heat to 400 degrees F (209 C).
4. Prep veggies and garlic and add to a baking sheet. Toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil and a healthy pinch each salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place in the oven and bake until soft and golden brown (a total of 20-30 minutes). Set aside and lower oven heat to 375 degrees F (190 C).
5. To prepare tofu filling, add drained tofu to a food processor with nutritional yeast, hummus, and a heaping 1/4 tsp each sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
6. Remove veggies from the oven, add to a mixing bowl, and top with the tofu mixture. Toss to coat, then add to the crust and spread into an even layer.
7. Bake tofu quiche at 375 degrees F (190 C) for a total of 30–40 minutes or until then the top appears golden brown and firm. If the crust begins to get too brown, loosely tent the edges with foil.
8. Let cool briefly, and then serve with fresh herbs or green onion.
9. Store leftovers loosely covered in the fridge for up to two days. Reheat in the microwave or in a 350-degree F (176 C) oven.
Loved this recipe? Check out our dairy-free recipes collection.
*Crust adapted from Food Network
*Quiche roughly adapted from the Sprouted Kitchen Cookbook