You’ve heard all the myths surrounding plant-based diets: it’s not sustainable as an athlete, or easy when you travel, or fun if you’re a foodie.
Robbie Balenger is about to bust all of those myths in one 3,000-mile run across the United States.
He first laced up his shoes six years ago to alleviate his stress as a restaurant manager. Since then, his career and running paths have coalesced into a passion for endurance athleticism powered by plants — and vegan ice cream.
Robbie joins us to chat about his journey to plant-based wellness, how he plans to fuel his body over the seventy-five-day excursion, and how he hopes to inspire other people to thrive while eating ethically.
What we discuss in this episode:
- How Robbie turned to running to deal with stress
- Robbie’s journey to a plant-based diet with an ethical focus
- The motivation behind Robbie’s transcontinental attempt
- Slaying myths about travel, being a foodie, and being a plant-based athlete
- Robbie’s nutrition plan
- How Robbie suggests people transition from one lifestyle to another
- Follow Robbie Balenger at plantpoweredmission.com or on Instagram at @robbiebalendger.You can also track his progress at switch4good.org and nadamoo.com