Plant Built Bodybuilder Dani Taylor on Fat Loss & Diet
Watch Episode 194 with Dani Taylor:
We’re coming to you with a dynamic guest: Dani Taylor is a vegan figure competitor and champion. That’s right, she’s a bodybuilder built from pure plants! She’s incredibly healthy and strong now, but she grew up eating a diet that consisted primarily of processed foods and little produce. She reached 210 pounds at 16 years old, but then switched to a plant-based diet at 17 and began to lose weight and take her health into her own hands. She eventually found strength training and began to learn more about food. And she only went up from there!
Flash forward to today, and she is the co-founder of VeganProteins.com and PlantBuilt.com, which is a nonprofit organization of strength-based vegan athletes who compete together to raise awareness for veganism and money for rescued animals at farm sanctuaries. Talk about combining your passions together to make positive change!
Dani is a Certified Personal Trainer with the AFAA, Certified in Plant-Based Nutrition with Cornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Foundation, and is Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified. She loves to work with women who have always been too nervous to lift weights and dives into that topic on today’s show.
Listen to this episode to learn more about this powerhouse, Dani Taylor!
Listen to Episode 194 with Dani Taylor:
What we discussed:
- Why Dani went vegetarian and then vegan
- How Dani got into weight lifting and exercising
- What it was like in the fitness world being vegan when there were few known vegan bodybuilders to look up to
- How much protein is too much protein?
- How to deal with disordered eating while focusing on and building your body with specific fitness goals
- Why women aren’t as likely to weight lift, and what they need to know about weight lifting
- Dani’s thoughts on fasting
- What PCOS is, and how does it affect Dani?
- Dani’s view on “cheat meals/days”
Connect with Switch4Good