Environmentalist Ocean Robbins on gratitude practices, regenerative ag and overcoming challenges
Watch Episode 186 with Ocean Robbins:
Our guest today, Ocean Robbins, has been a change-maker from a young age and shares his story with us on this episode. His journey began when he was born in a 1-room log cabin, miles away from other people in the middle of the forest in British Columbia, Canada. He watched his family grow most of the food they consumed and lived on less than $500 a year. He eventually moved to California where he was schooled at home and started his first business called “Ocean’s Bakery” at just 11 years old. His creativity didn’t stop there when, at just 16 years old, he founded Youth for Environmental Sanity, known by its acronym YES!.
Fast forward to today and Ocean is co-founder & CEO of the 750,000-member Food Revolution Network. He is also the author of the bestselling book 31-Day Food Revolution: Heal Your Body, Feel Great, and Transform Your World. He is the executive producer of the documentary The Need To Grow.
On today’s show Ocean talks to us about what it is like raising autistic kids, the science behind the powerful practice of gratitude, why curiosity is so healthy, why our soil is in a state of emergency, and more. Join us for this powerful, honest, and enlightening conversation!
Listen to Episode 186 with Ocean Robbins:
What we discuss:
- Ocean’s experience raising autistic kids
- The science of gratitude and how it increases your probability of positive experiences
- Why curiosity is so powerful
- What a healthy education system looks like
- How climate change and food production are related
- Why our soil is so poisoned and how it hurts us all
- How to make sustainable and healthy food choices
- What’s the deal with organic produce?
- Connect with Ocean – https://www.oceanrobbins.com
- Food Revolution Network – https://foodrevolution.org/author/oceanr/
- Use code SWITCH for 25% off your order at MaxinesHeavenly.com
- Click on this link to download the abillion app – https://abillion.onelink.me/42TD/switch4good
Connect with Switch4Good