Watch Episode 13 with Matthew Prescott here:
When you hear about the rapid decline of our resources, coupled with the growth of our human population, do you wonder what you can do to help save the planet?
Matthew Prescott, author of Food is the Solution: What to Eat to Save the World, joins us to talk about a very convenient truth: the world can be saved with every bite.
As the Senior Director of Food and Agriculture of the Humane Society of the United States, and as a speaker invited to TEDxUCLA and Talks at Google, Matthew’s advocacy has to lead to changes on individual plates, and in major food companies.
You’ll learn how we can all do more with less, how eating locally is not always eating ethically, and why we need all forks on deck to save the world.
Listen to Episode 13 with Matthew Prescott here:
What we discuss in this episode:
- The inefficiency of our food system.
- Why saving the planet is easier than you think.
- Busting the myth that we need to get our protein through animals.
- The resources that really go into making a breakfast sandwich.
- Why locally-sourced foods don’t cut it.
- Why changing your diet is more convenient than limiting yourself to the same bland foods.
- Matthew’s suggestions for the first steps toward going vegan.
- Follow Matthew Prescott at matthewprescott.com, on Twitter at @MatthewPrescott, or on Instagram at @MattPrescott.