By Ms Vegan
It’s squash season! We’re coming up with ways to take advantage of nature’s bounty that go way beyond roasting. Spaghetti squash takes center stage as the crust for this veggie-loaded pizza—complete with melty, dairy-free cheese. It’s a nutrient and fiber-packed meal everyone will love.
1 spaghetti squash, cooked and cooled
1 Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg, prepared
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Parmesan
1/2 cup tomato or marinara sauce
1 green bell pepper, diced
Handful of baby spinach leaves
1 cup Follow Your Heart Mozzarella Shreds
1 Beyond Meat Italian Sausage, sliced (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Using a fork, shred the inside of your cooked and cooled squash into strands.
3. Place the strands into a bowl lined with paper towels.
4. Squeeze out all of the moisture from the strands.
5. Place the strands in a large mixing bowl and add the prepared Vegan Egg, nutritional yeast, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and 2 tablespoons of parmesan. Mix well to form a “dough.”
6. Spread your dough onto the prepared parchment paper to form a thin crust.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Then remove from oven and carefully flip the crust. Return to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
8. Remove the crust from the oven and add your toppings (sauce, mozzarella, bell pepper, spinach, and optional Beyond Meat).
9. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and sprinkle the pizza with the remaining parmesan.
Recipe reposted with permission of Ms Vegan. If you’re a recipe developer, athlete, or just proud to be dairy-free, sign up to be a part of our growing team of go-getter individuals!