Everyone experiences the occasional food craving, but for some, certain foods become a true addiction.
Why are some people wired to crave certain types of food so intensely, and how can we break free of it?
Dr. Susan Peirce Thompson, founder of Bright Line Eating, answers these questions and explains her strategies for managing food addiction and achieving sustainable weight loss. We are fascinated by her method and believe everyone can gain from her knowledge and establish a healthier relationship with food.
What we discuss in this episode:
- The science behind food addiction.
- Strategies to cope with food addiction.
- Dr. Peirce Thompson’s food philosophy and weight loss barriers.
- The Compensation Effect
- Find Bright Line Eating’s white paper. Google “Likelihood of an Obese Person Achieving Normal Weight With Bright Line Eating.”
- Find Susan at Bright Line Eating, pick up her book, Bright Line Eating: The Science of Eating Happy, Thin, and Free, and take the food addiction quiz at Foodfreedomquiz.com.