Most doctors receive less than 24 hours worth of nutrition education during their four years of medical school; they prescribe pills and surgeries without first looking at their patients’ diet.
For Dr. Milton Mills, this is not the case. A critical care physician working at an ICU, Dr. Mills is no stranger to patients suffering from advanced stages of chronic disease.
His first recommendation? Ditch dairy.
Dr. Milton Mills is on a mission to educate the public about the consequences of dairy – to both individual health and that of society. He supports his claims with medical evidence, and we take a deep dive into exactly why dairy is so harmful. He is truly passionate about this topic, and it was a pleasure to sit down with him and learn so much.
What we discuss in this episode:
- Health risks of consuming dairy, including acne, digestive problems, osteoporosis, and certain cancers.
- Lactose intolerance and people of color.
- Government involvement in the dairy industry and dairy promotion.
- The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- The Blue Zones
- NutritionFacts.org YouTube for science-backed, easily digestible, and subject-specific videos on health and the benefits of a plant-based diet.