Ditch Your Diet with Jenna Hollenstein
Watch Episode 46 with Jenna Hollenstein here:
A lot of people who are self-conscious about their bodies tend to fall into dieting cycles and find themselves confused about what their bodies really need.
What kind of calorie count should you maintain? How much protein should you eat? When does your diet become something more sinister?
Jenna joins Dotsie and Alexandra to share how she helps her clients find a greater sense of peace and wellness through a non-diet approach.
They also talk about how people’s relationship with food stems from segregating the body and how you can recover from that division.
Tune in to hear how Jenna replaces dieting with healing, what you need to know about Intuitive Eating, how to help your children develop good eating habits, and more.
Listen to Episode 46 with Jenna Hollenstein here:
What we discuss in this episode:
- What you need to know about daily protein requirements
- How Jenna’s upbringing encouraged her to become a dietitian
- The effects of repressing your needs and desires, how they reemerge as something else, and other insights from Caroline Knapp’s Appetites
- How various cultures look at food differently and the relationship most Americans have with food
- Jenna’s practice based on Intuitive Eating, and the three principles you derive from the habit
- The physiological consequences of Sensory Specific Satiety
- Jenna’s role as a health coach and dietician towards her client
- The benefits of including children in their feeding process, as told by Ellyn Satter in her Division of Responsibility model
- Follow Jenna Hollenstein on Instagram at @jennahollenstein, on Twitter at@JennaHollens, or on Facebook at @jhollenstein. Check out her website at eat2love.com.