Technically, you can order dairy-free at Taco Bell (it’s called fresca-style). However, why eliminate the cheese when you can have a wonderfully gooey, melty dairy-free cheese at home? This fully loaded copycat Crunchwrap Supreme is better than its inspiration, not only because it’s dairy-free, but because it’s made with fresh food! Have it all—comforting refried beans, plant-based taco meat, crunchy chips, fresh lettuce and tomato, and belly-warming cheese all packed into a pliable, warm tortilla—because dairy-free is not about deprivation!
Crunchwrap Supreme Ingredients
- 1 large tortilla (try CHI CHI’s Foldables)
- 1/3 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 1/4 cup plant-based taco filling (try Loma Linda)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free Mexican cheese or queso (try Loca)
- 1 tostada shell
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato
- small handful shredded lettuce
For serving (optional): guacamole, dairy-free sour cream, salsa, fresh cilantro
Instructions for your Crunchwrap Supreme
1. Spread the beans over one side of the tostada shell. Set aside.
2. Lay the tortilla flat. Spread a thin layer of the taco meat in the center, leaving a wide perimeter on all sides (about one-third of the tortilla). Layer on the shredded dairy-free cheese (or spoon on the queso).
3. Bean-side up, place the tostada shell on top of the cheese, then mound on the lettuce and tomato.
4. Fold the tortilla. Begin with the bottom and fold the edge over the center. Work your way around the tortilla so each edge folds toward the center.
5. If you have an air-fryer, cook (seam-side down) at 400 degrees for two minutes on each side. Alternatively, place a frying pan over medium heat. Spritz each side of your folded crunchwrap with oil, and place seam-side down. Cook until the bottom is slightly browned (about 2-3 minutes). Flip the crunchwrap and place a heat-proof lid or metal dome over it (this will ensure even cooking throughout). Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the bottom is speckled.
6. Remove from heat, slice in half, and serve your dairy-free Crunchwrap Supreme with optional toppings. Enjoy!
For more dairy-free recipes, visit our recipe collections hub.
Photo credit: MegaMex Foods/CHI CHI’S Brand