Cyrus Khambatta & Robby Barbaro: Mastering Diabetes With a Plant-Based Diet
Watch Episode 9 with Cyrus Khambatta & Robby Barbaro here:
What actually is diabetes?
How is it caused?
What’s the difference between type 1 and type 2, and is sugar or fat to blame?
Robby Barbaro and Cyrus Khambatta answer these questions and more during our chat today. Both were diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and manage it with a low fat, whole food, plant-based diet.
They’ve teamed up to create Mastering Diabetes, a coaching program to help others feel their best while managing their symptoms. They even tried to help our audio engineer, Michael, move away from his meat-heavy diet!
Get out your keyboard–you’re going to want to take notes during this fun yet informative conversation.
Listen to Episode 9 with Cyrus Khambatta & Robby Barbaro here:
What we discuss in this episode:
- Defining the 5 types of diabetes.
- The difference between natural and refined sugar.
- How a plant-based diet can reverse prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.
- Robby and Cyrus’ low fat, plant-based whole food philosophy.
- How to eat for longevity and to lower your risk for chronic disease.
- Recommended reading: 80/10/10 Diet by Dr. Doug Graham and Whole by Dr. T. Colin Campbell.
- Follow Robby and Cyrus at masterdiabetes.org or on Instagram at @masteringdiabetes You can also find their personal profiles on Instagram: @mindfuldiabetic (Robby) and @mangomannutrition (Cyrus).