Brian Turner: Overcoming Acne and Getting Ripped on a Vegan Diet
Watch Episode 4 with Brian Turner here:
Vegan bodybuilder and influencer Brian Turner don’t suffer any loss of gains since switching to a plant-based diet.
He attracted social media following after documenting his horrific acne experience as a teen on YouTube. After intense Accutane treatment that ultimately failed, Brian cured himself of his chronic skin condition by ditching dairy, and eventually, all animal products.
He’s an animated guy with a can-do attitude, explaining everything from nutrition and eating patterns as a vegan bodybuilder, to “Bro Science,” to where, exactly, he gets his protein. Brian also shared his favorite mass gainer shake recipe.
For the gym newbies and gym rats, this is an episode you don’t want to miss.
Listen to Episode 4 with Brian Turner here:
In this episode we discuss:
- How Brian cured his severe acne by ditching dairy.
- The serious side effects of Accutane and the issue with Big Pharma.
- How a vegan bodybuilder (and everyone) can get plenty of protein.
- Unhealthy bodybuilding eating habits, like binging and experiencing cravings.
- “Bro-xplaning” and debunking bro science
- Brian’s restaurant picks: Plant Power Fast Food or Donna Jean in San Diego
- Brian recommends the HappyCow app or website to find vegan food anywhere you are in the world.
- Brian’s Mass Gainer “Humerus Smoothie” Recipe:
- 3-4 frozen bananas, 2 cups other fruit (mix of pineapple, mango, strawberries), a couple handfuls of spinach, splash of almond milk, 2 tablespoons cacao nibs, 1 scoop of Vivo Life protein powder.
- Get in touch with and support Brian by shopping at his fitness apparel line, BeyondtheWeak.com, listening to his podcast, Beyond the Podcast, and watching his workouts, recipes, and helpful tips on his YouTube channel.