Break Free from Food Addiction with Dr. Susan Peirce Thompson
Watch Episode 190 with Dr. Susan Peirce Thompson:
Today we are excited to welcome Susan Peirce Thompson Ph.D., back to the show again. For those who need a refresher, Susan is an expert in the psychology of eating and has shared so much with us about the science behind food addiction and addiction in general. Susan is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Brain and Cognitive Sciences at the University of Rochester, the President of the Institute for Sustainable Weight Loss, and the CEO of Bright Line Eating Solutions.
On top of that, Susan is a successful published author. We learned about her first book Bright Line Eating: The Science of Living Happy, Thin and Free on episode 10, but now Susan is back at it again with her newest book, ReZoom. In this episode we discuss different sections of her book, what it means to be addicted to food, the difference between eating disorders and food addiction, why food addiction is the hardest addiction to break, and more.
Listen to Episode 190 with Dr. Susan Peirce Thompson:
What we discussed:
- What it means to be addicted to food
- What happens when you develop leptin resistance
- Eating disorders vs food addiction
- Why food addiction is the hardest to break
- How to stick with a food plan once you have one in place
- Why keeping your food whole, simple, and real food is so important
- What a “habit stack” is
- Can a food addict ever find joy around eating and food again?
- Susan’s new book, ReZoom
- Use code SWITCH for 25% off your order at MaxinesHeavenly.com
- Click on this link to download the abillion app – https://abillion.onelink.me/42TD/switch4good
Connect with Switch4Good