Bill Muir: Breaking Stereotypes and Being Vegan in the Military
Watch Episode 6 with Bill Muir here:
Bill Muir, also known as SGT. Vegan, doesn’t make excuses.
A vegan since 1992, Bill has traveled to 47 countries, served in the army, and was deployed to Afghanistan, all without breaking his commitment to his cruelty-free diet.
Bill completed the brutal basic training on a plant-based diet and went on to become a medic and paratrooper, never wavering from his mission to help others. He now works as an RN at the VA Center of Los Angeles and wrote a book, “Vegan Strong,” to dispel the “hippie” myth surrounding a vegan diet.
He proves that you can maintain your health and your ethics no matter your circumstances, and he is working to help others realize this fact.
Listen to Episode 6 with Bill Muir here:
What we discuss in this episode:
- Bill’s travel tips: Always have a plan, and use the Happy Cow app to find vegan options near you.
- Anysoldier.com, a care package website for soldiers.
- Surviving Army basic training.
- Bill’s concern with the low-quality food provided at VA centers.
- Making vegan options more accessible through fast-casual concepts, rather than high-end restaurants.
- Follow Bill by visiting his website, sgtvegan.com, on Instagram @sgt_vegan, and pick up his book, Vegan Strong, on Amazon.