Beating Food Addiction with Dr. Joan Ifland
No matter what your relationship to food is, we all live in a world manipulated by an addiction business model. We’re constantly confronted with ads for foods that have been designed to make us want more, and it began when the tobacco industry started buying up brands like Nabisco and Kraft Foods. Dr. Joan Ifland is an expert in processed food addiction, and her research is both eye-opening and appalling. This is a gripping conversation about the intersections of human behavior, evolution, and modern-day consumer habits.
Listen to Episode 199 with Dr. Joan Ifland
What we discuss in this episode:
- How the addiction business model applies to food
- How do we get addicted to food?
- The overlap between tobacco and food
- How to tell if you are addicted to certain foods
- Immersion recovery and practical tips to feel better
- Joan analyzes Dotsie’s relationship with food in a group setting
Connect with Switch4Good