Growing up, Heather Mitts Feeley juggled soccer balls. Now, she’s juggling three kids under the age of 6 and just as many advocacy projects. A three-time Olympic gold medalist for Team USA, Heather talks in detail about getting into soccer, her Olympic experience, and how she was part of the first wave of professional women soccer players who began pushing for equal pay. We also dive into her home life—what it’s like raising three young kids and navigating a marriage when your spouse isn’t vegan. Whether you’re a sports fan or need some family-friendly meal tips, everyone has something to gain from Heather’s knowledge.
Listen to Episode 70 with Heather Mitts Feeley here:
What we discuss in this episode:
- Heather’s rise to the Olympics
- The inequality between men and women in professional sports
- How to raise a family when one spouse isn’t vegan
- Healthy, kid-friendly meal ideas
- Heather’s advocacy projects, such as her work with Victoria’s Law